Purchasing a home is an exciting experience, whether it’s your first home, fifth home, or an investment property; an exciting experience that should leave the stress and mundane details for the agent, and the fun and excitement for you.
When it’s time for you to start the buying process, make it easy on yourself and work with an agent that is well seasoned and knowledgeable of the South Jersey area, and has a successful track record to back up their credibility.
Once you become our client, you can feel confident that we will provide all this and more.
Ray and his team bring 25 years of real estate experience and knowledge, along with a solid reputation so you know you’re working with the best in this area. We are committed to providing the highest standards of professional service to all our clients, and will do the same for you.
The buyers we work with are a diverse group with varying real estate needs. We represent all buyers, from just starting out to downsizing, and from relocating to upgrading, we’ve had the pleasure of working with them all.
To ensure the successful purchase of your home, here are the key steps we take:
- Educating you on the Home Buying Process: On our first meeting, we will explain everything that we offer our buyers as their Agent, how the buying process works, and how we are going to get “moorhouse for your money” that satisfies all your needs. Our goal is to keep our clients advised throughout the entire process so there is no confusion, and you can feel confident that you are in good hands.
- Assisting in Pre-Qualification and Pre-Approval Process with Lender: We will help you understand your financing options and put you in touch with reliable loan officers who will help you get the best financing. Additionally, we will provide all the associated costs with purchasing your home, which are refereed to as “closing costs.” This cost is separate from your down payment.
- Creating a “wish list”: We will discuss all the features that are important to you and your family, in both the home and neighborhood. Often, buyers aren’t sure of what they want or like until we go out and start the search, so it’s common for this criteria to get revised throughout the process.
- Daily Email Updates: You will receive daily emails of houses that have just gone on the market that fit your preferences from TREND, our multiple listing service that covers this entire area. With this service, you will always be up to date with the most recent properties that have been listed within your desired area.
- Touring Properties: Once you have established certain prerequisites, we will find properties that match these criteria. Together, we will preview those properties and council you in your decision making process in choosing a home. Then together we’ll strategize on how to best accomplish your goal should you want to move forward and begin the negotiating process to purchase a home.
- Presenting, & Negotiating Offers: Once you have decided on a property that you would like to purchase, a formal offer to purchase must be filled out with the details of price, down payment, the amount being financed, the type of loan (Conventional, FHA, VA), the date of desired settlement, the inclusions and exclusions (i.e.- washer, dryer, etc.), any contingency, and any other important terms. We will negotiate and keep you advised of all counter offers and/or ultimately acceptance.
- Writing Contracts: Putting an agreement of sale is the responsibility of the seller’s listing agent. Once we have received the contract, we will immediately sit down with you and explain the meaning of each paragraph. All pricing and terms that were previously agreed upon will be incorporated in this agreement.
- Monitoring Loan Contingency Status: We will make sure your mortgage application is done in a timely fashion to meet the date provided the agreement of sale.
- Assisting in Scheduling Home Inspections: We will provide you with a list of qualified inspectors that will work with you inspecting the home to make sure all of the systems are in good operating condition and to familiarize you with the how these things work. Once the home inspection is completed, we will then negotiate any repairs that you feel are necessary as a result of the home inspection report.
- Settlement: On settlement day, we will do a final walk through to make sure the home has been left in good condition. We will also check to make sure all repairs have been completed from the home inspection report that were negotiated and agreed by the seller. All receipts of repairs will be given to you at settlement from the seller. At closing, we will be there to ensure a smooth transaction and represent you to facilitate the final step of your home purchasing process.